Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Active Fun



 Last weekend, my daughter's dream of playing in indoor playgrounds finally came true. Actually, this is a long overdue Christmas gift from us. I bought one Unlimited Pass to ActiveFun from MetroDeal for her. She has been badgering me for the longest time into letting her play in one of those pay playgrounds you find at the mall. At their very steep price of Php80 per hour, at the very least, of course I won't let her. But when I found this very enticing deal, I just knew I should grab it!



My MetroDeal Active Fun Voucher!


Active Fun has two sections, one for toddlers 5years old and below and the other for much larger kids. My daughter is already seven years old so she went running along with the bigger kids. We went on a weekend and it wasn't as packed as I was imagining it to be.

As we walked up the counter and handed our voucher, we were given a sheet of paper to fill-up, the one they use to monitor the kids inside the play area. In a while, the snack included in our voucher package was also given us. I was told that they have no ice cream and will be providing a biscuit instead. It wasn't a big deal at all, but I appreaciated their honesty. In addition to one Magic Biscuit and Soyami, a bottle of water was also given. :) And off my daughter went!


Tambiolo!

Giant Slide!


Wall-mounted Piano in the Toddler Section

At SM North Edsa Annex, Active Fun has a very large area. It even has a spacious waiting area for parents. Just outside the playing area, but still within Active Fun, parents can comfortably wait for their kids. If  they want to have a snack while waiting, or if their child gets hungry from all the playing, they can buy some from the store conveniently and strategically operated by Active Fun itself. Outside food is not allowed inside however.

Besides the waiting area, another area is also available for parties.

Activity Area for parties!


Security-wise, I give Active Fun a thumbs-up. I was handed a security card which indicates the number my daughter was assigned with. Every transaction I make at the "gate" of the play area, this card is asked for my the "guards". Without it, you won't be entertained. So, if you have something to tell your child, hand the number to one of the "guards" and they'll page him/her for you. But before they open the gate to let your child out, they first make sure that they release him/her to the right person. 

Active Fun is also very convenient for parents who may want to go somewhere else for a little while but have nobody to attend to their children. Inside the play area, they have cub holes for the child's things, like shoes, extra shirt,snacks etc.  I personally left my daughter for about 30 minutes to attend to another matter at hand, and I felt secure doing that knowing that Active Fun won't let my daughter out unless someone produces the security card assigned to her.

Admittedly, though, if it weren't for the voucher I got, I still won't let my daughter in here. The price is steep! Steeper than most, actually. For the Unlimited Pass voucher, I paid only Php175. I clearly saved Php200! Not bad at all! 



Price List


 Notice, though, the Pricelist and the voucher has different claims. In my MetroDeal Voucher, the deal is worth Php500, but in Active Fun itself, its just Php375.  :(  I still saved Php200, but it is also a reminder to research first before clicking the buy button.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet! I would love to hear what you think! :)