Friday, March 25, 2011

Earth Hour Alert!


My daughter came down with roseola infantum last week. This is more commonly known as tigdas hangin. At first I thought her fever that night is just a sign that she’s coming  down with the flu. Her head was hot but her feet and hands weren’t. When she woke up that morning, I asked her if she was feeling any pain in her throat. There was none. I was a good thing that I didn’t let her go to school that day even if her fever had already subsided. I didn’t notice her rashes until around 11 am that day. If she had gone to school, she be sent home anyway.


So there we were at home. I had to deal with her constant nagging that she wants to go out, which of course she can’t. She was bored out of her wits that day. If there’s one good thing about her nagging, it’s that she’s not suffering much from her measles because if she is, she won’t have the energy to put up an hissy fit. She’ll as meek as a lamb.
Okay, this post is supposed to be dedicated to Earth Day. But I just had to tell the story behind it. *laughs*
So my daughter was bored and I’ve forbidden her to play with her baby brother, she just had to settle for solo play. She got out her markers and whiteboard and started drawing this:

Look at her eyes still droopy from being sick.

I can’t remember what we were watching that inspired her to  draw this. Gosh, we must have done something right for her to draw this on her own without our prodding!
This March 26, we’ll be participating in Earth Hour from the comforts of our own home. We did this the other year while we were staying at a rather busy district. There were a number of commercial establishments and private homes that turned off their lights but there were also quite a number of those who didn’t. It was sad to see that. Hopefully, this year, the symbolic hour of darkness will be observed by more people.

Remember, turn off your lights at 8:30-9:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet! I would love to hear what you think! :)